Chilli & Lime Split Chicken Recipe22 Jan 2019
Try this delicious Summer recipe brought to you by Woolworths.
- 1 free range split chicken
- 120g baby leaves with beetroot
- 2 mangoes
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded, sliced diagonally
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lime juice
- mint, to serve
- coriander, to serve
- salt for seasoning
- pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat bbq on high. Place the split chicken onto grill, skin-side down, for 15 minutes until golden and slightly charred. Turn chicken over and cook for 15 minutes until chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, place salad leaves into a bowl. Cut cheeks from mangoes and peel and dice flesh. Add mango, onion and cucumber to bowl with salad leaves.
3. Pour oil and lime juice into a jar. Season with salt and pepper. Shake well. Cut chicken into pieces. Place salad and herbs on plates. Top with chicken and dressing. Serve.
Head to Woolworths Buranda Village, grab your ingredients and get cooking!