Lamington Ice Cream Cake11 Jan 2019
In the spirit of Australia Day, Woolworths brings you an Aussie Classic with a twist- Lamington Ice Cream Cake.
Try this delicious recipe and share with family and friends this Australia Day.
- 1 litre Woolworths vanilla bean ice-cream, softened
- 2 x 18-piece packets Woolworths lamington fingers
- 500g Woolworths raspberry jam
- Woolworths Select chocolate hard set topping, to drizzle
- 1/2 cup Woolworths shredded coconut
1. Line a 20cm springform cake pan with baking paper. Using the back of a dessert spoon, spread a 2cm layer of ice-cream on the bottom of the cake pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
2. Remove from the freezer and arrange lamington fingers in a circular pattern, filling the gaps with broken lamingtons. Spread a layer of jam on top, allowing it to settle between and join the lamington fingers, followed by another layer of ice-cream. Freeze for a further 30 minutes.
3. Spread a second layer of jam and finish with a layer of lamington fingers, joined together with more jam. Finish with a final layer of ice-cream. Freeze for 30 minutes or until you’re ready to serve. Pour hard set topping over the top of the cake, allowing some to run down the sides. Finish decorating with remaining lamington fingers and shredded coconut.
Head into Woolworths at Buranda Village, grab your ingredients and your ready to go!